You may download and install ProScan by clicking on the
link below. The full version will be installed, but you will not be able to
connect to a vehicle without a valid serial number.
Changes in 5.9
- Completely rewritten communication architecture.
- Completely rewritten OBD-II messaging framework. The new framework is going to allow us to introduce many exciting new features in the very near future!
- Significantly enhanced connection procedures. Auto detection will now check all ports and baud rates at a very fast pace.
- Support for 115200 baud rate. New devices are switching to this rate, and ProScan 5.9 and higher will automatically detect and work with these interfaces.
- Many new parameters are now available for monitoring, charting, and logging.
- Numerous bug-fixes were implemented.
|The ProScan software was developed using Microsoft's .NET
Framework v1.1. If your system does not already have v1.1 of the .NET
Framework installed, you will need to visit
Windows Update and install it.
- Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP,
Windows Vista, or
Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6a.
- 10MB of available hard disk space.
- 64MB of RAM
Download ProScan 5.8
Release Date: April 10, 2010
Changes in 5.8
- Enhanced communication logging to aid in more rapid bug-fixes.
Download ProScan 5.7
Release Date: February 5, 2010
Changes in 5.7
- Improved connection reliability among all vehicle protocols, especially CAN.
- Eliminated check for genuine hardware.
Download ProScan 5.6
Release Date: March 11, 2009
Changes in 5.6
- Generation of the ProScan Communication Log can now be toggled on and off via the File menu. Unless necessary, the communication log should be disabled. This yields an improvement in refresh rates when monitoring live sensor data.
- The scope and sensor monitor grid tools have been improved to eliminate flickering at high refresh rates.
- Tracked down and fixed several bugs related to CAN-protocol communication.
Download ProScan 5.5
Release Date: August 20, 2008
Changes in 5.5
- Changed default baud rate to 38400.
- Improved automatic hardware and protocol detection routines.
- Fixed bug causing exception when saving a diagnostic report with freeze frame data existing.
- Fixed bugs in Oscilloscope and Sensor Grid tools that caused lockup when disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times in one session.
- Enhanced graphical display of sensor grid and fuel economy tools.
Download ProScan 5.4
Release Date: July 15, 2008
Changes in 5.4
- Increased internal timeout to allow sufficient time for some vehicle protocols to be detected by the ELM327 chip's automatic protocol detection feature.
Download ProScan 5.3
Release Date: May 11, 2008
Changes in 5.3
- Added a Fuel Economy Analysis Tool.
- Version 5.2 accidentally required .NET Framework 2.0 or higher. This was corrected so that the minimum requirement is .NET Framework v1.1.
Changes in 5.2 (Unavailable for download)
Released March 14, 2008
- Fixed bug in connection procedure that affected vehicles responding with a double response message.
- Added code to prevent the sensor grid and scope tools from being switched out of during a recording session. (Doing so would cause unpredictable behavior in other tools.)
- Improved exception handling in a few areas.
- Improved communication log capabilities.
Changes in 5.1
- Implemented new connection procedure that detects which COM port the OBD-II
interface hardware is attached and then initializes the hardware and
establishes communication with the vehicle entirely automatically. This is the
default option, but it can be disabled if you wish to manually configure
- Fixed several minor bug fixes dealing with hardware initialization.
Changes in 5.0
- Fixed NullReferenceException that occurred when attempting to connect to a
vehicle using a protocol not supported by the vehicle.
- Fixed ArgumentOutOfRangeException that occurred periodically in sensor
grid and sensor charts.
- Fixed bug that prevented changes to User Preferences being reflected in
Report Generator during the same session.
- Fixed bug that prevented Pending DTC from displaying in DTC tool when the
code was also reported as a stored code.
- Fixed bug that prevented Diagnostic Report from being generated when a
stored or pending trouble code existed.
- Added more descriptive dialogs and error messages.
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect vehicle profile to be displayed in status
bar after the profile was changed.
- Fixed bug in Race Track Analysis that prevented active profile name from
being displayed on time-slips.
- Speedometer calibration factor now adjusts speed values for Race Track
Analysis and Dyno tools.
- Developed a new built-in help file.
Changes in 4.0a
- Fixed connection-related bugs reported in 3.2.
- Completely redesigned the graphical user interface to
be more functional and intuitive.
- Implemented a Vehicle Connection Manager for connecting to
and disconnecting from a vehicle. This straight-forward approach is much more
user-friendly and stable than the connection search technique employed since
- Added extremely descriptive troubleshooting dialog messages that appear
whenever a connection cannot be established.
- Tool settings are now preserved when you exit. For
example, if you have configured your sensor grid and need to switch to the
terminal briefly, you can do so without losing your sensor selections.
- Added battery voltage support for ELM327 users. The
batter voltage is displayed under the Vehicle Status Monitor.
- Added an Update button with a progress bar to the
Vehicle Status Monitor.
- Improved algorithm for reading and displaying both
stored and pending diagnostic trouble codes.
- Added a Freeze Frame tool to read any available Freeze
Frame information stored on the vehicle.
- Added an Oxygen Sensor Test tool to perform mode 05
oxygen sensor tests on individual oxygen sensors.
- Added a Diagnostic Report Generator tool for
generating a comprehensive and printable diagnostic report for clients.
- Added a speedometer calibration factor to each vehicle
profile. This allows ProScan to display your true speed if your speedometer is
incorrect due to different tire sizes.
- Added a speedometer calibration factor calculator for
determining the calibration factor from stock and current tire size information.
- Added a User Preferences dialog for storing your
company name, address, and telephone. This information is printed on the